- Teachable Machine // Review Readings
- Project 2 Crit for Krystal and Wendy
- Figma // Prototyping Exercise
- Project 3 Mini-Crits
Review Readings // Teachable Machine
Last Friday, Google’s launched Teachable Machine 2.0. This is an easy platform to create a Transfer Learning platform – a classification model for images and sounds that can be used in your coding projects. This works quite well with P5.js and Dan Shiffman already launched a few tutorials on how to get started.
Let’s do make one as a class!
Let’s check out the responses to the readings here
Project 2 Critique (Continued)
Wendy – Notetaker: Derek
Krystal –Notetaker: Remy
Figma is a prototyping platform used for creating mockups of digital publishing – but mostly websites and applications. Let’s all sign up for an account.
- Layout Grids
- Prototype TransitionsAll Tutorials
- Figma Lynda Tutorial
- All Tutorials
Let’s practice using what you just learned about Figma. Design a prototype instruction app that walks you through the steps of one of the below (or riff on it).
1. Design an app that gives someone a new experience of using your favorite design tool. Eg, how could you use a pencil, ink brayer, camera, clone-stamp etc. differently than what it’s used for.
2.Design an app addressing what your neighbor (in the classroom) had for breakfast
3. Instructions on how to draw something
- Develop styles before you begin – color and text themes
- Pose a question to the person
- Have at least five frames
- Use at least one effect / transition
- One built in menu
- At least two buttons
- At least three icons or images
- Add your presentation mode to this document when you are complete
Project 3 Group Discussion
Let’s get into small groups to discuss your Project 3 proposals. We’ll divide into groups of three and four.
- Come to class with a prototype of your Project 3 in Figma. You should spend three-four hours on this between now and next week. Please first set up styles and include images and icons. Please make sure the prototyping between frames is functional.
- Read Decentralize What? by Francis Tseng write a response here, label week 12.
- Add a link to your classwork from Thursday to this document.
- Bonus readings released this week if you’re interested (no responses necessary)